Monday, October 21, 2013

Post-a-Day Ends Here

I guess? It seems?

Too much fun stuff happening over the weekend to have time to write. If 1 picture = 1,000 words, are three pictures worth two missed blog posts?




Obviously, I went for a hike at Blomidon with Alison. Saturday afternoon was really nice for it. We tromped around for about three and a half hours and caught the Valley's beautiful fall colours just before they disappear.

Then I tromped around all night with Amber, catching Nocturne, Halifax's version of Toronto's Nuit Blanche. Well, I tromped; Amber wheeled. We went literally all over the city, even to Dartmouth, looking for fabulous art spectacles and hidden gems. Unfortunately, I have no photos of that to show you, because we never found any. The whole event was a pretty major letdown. I remember it being really fun and mind-expanding and inspiring the first couple of years they held it, but every year it seems to get a little worse. Lots of businesses putting advertisements in their windows and installations that looked like they were done by a third-grader who ran out of time and/or interest.

Oh well, we managed to have fun anyway, weaving a wheelchair through the hordes of philistines. Got home late and stayed in bed the entire next day with pizza, coffee, Project Runway, and The Seventh Seal. It was quite heavenly, and my legs thanked me for the rest.

Now I'm back in high-hecticity mode, trying to get January's issue of the magazine finished up at work and preparing for tomorrow night's Pop Explosion show with The Reference Desk. Meg is frighteningly ill with the flu, too sick even to practise tonight. If she can't manage it tomorrow, Kristina and I might have to go back to being a two-piece for the night — an unsavoury proposition, I don't mind telling you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures And. Glad you had a great weekend.