Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Short Birthday Story

I found this one on an old cassette this evening. My sister, Dana, complains to me on tape (remember when people used to send each other tapes through the mail? I got this one my first year away at university. Seems impossibly quaint now...) about how our younger sister, Erika, got her in trouble the night before. Erika turned 40 today. Happy birthday, Er!



Gives you an idea of the kind of crap she has quietly put up with her whole life as the youngest sibling. Alison remarked this summer that Erika is the least complaining person she's ever met, and when I think about it, it just might be true.

I was actually looking for the tape where Eri plays a radio DJ who sings along with the entirety of Bryan Adams' "Summer of '69," not realizing that the mic is on. Funny stuff. But I don't seem to have it anywhere. Maybe someone could send me a copy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Reminds me of when Dana was about 3 and Erika 1. Dana wrote all over the bedspread and said Erika did it. Interesting how it read "Dana" with a backwards "D"!!

Andrew said...

Classic.

EJ said...

Andrew, I finally listened to this. So funny! I especially like the part where Dana says she hates me lately, but then quickly changes her mind. It cracked me up. Thanks for the really nice post. So sweet:)
Eri.