Thursday, October 17, 2013

Good Times in the Maritimes

Oh, man, this weekend can't come fast enough. I am so worn out from this stupid cold. The coughing keeps me awake all night and tires me out all day. Tonight I had a Reference Desk band practice and found out that loud singing is one of the best ways to turn an occasional throat clearing into an uncontrollable hack session. Sorry, Meg and Kristina. I'm hoping my voice will be recovered in time for our Pop Explosion show on Tuesday.


But I'm also looking forward to the weekend because it promises to be super fun. Tomorrow night Alison and I go to see our housemate, Claire, play oboe in a small orchestra backing up one of my favourite local singers, Gianna Lauren. Saturday morning we'll get a car-share car and go for a drive and a hike to see the Nova Scotia autumn leaves. Then it's back into the city for dinner and Nocturne with Amber. I'll wheel her around to check out all the art, then we'll have a sleepover and spend some nice time together on Sunday. Weather's supposed to be very cooperative.

Yup, it's a pretty sweet life, if you can keep from keeling over.

No comments: