Tuesday, October 25, 2005

We have no phone again!

This is getting pretty annoying. I really wanted to call birthday people tonight, and especially to wish Mom & Dad a bon voyage, since they're leaving tomorrow. We'll have to finish our chess game later I guess, Dad. I can't see any quick way to end it, besides losing which could easily be accomplished in one move.

I'm hooked on Sudoku puzzles these days. Has anyone tried them? It's a 9x9 grid divided into 9 3x3 grids, with a few numbers from 1 to 9 filled in in spaces here and there. You have to figure out where all the other numbers go so that every row, every column, and every 3x3 box contains each number once and only once. Eri, I think you especially would like them, because they're pretty similar to those logic problems I remember you used to be really into.

Have to go design a Xmas card now. It's a competition at work to see who comes up with the best one, and they're due tomorrow. I haven't started yet and I have to be in bed in an hour to go in early in the morning. Feels like high school, except without that nice free period I would always schedule for first thing in the morning. Wish me luck!

- Andrew

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got the email, found out about the phones the hard way (calling lots).

Mom is on a hunt for Rhine stones; you started this.

OK, we can wait for the chess slaughter. Gotta pack: tickets, toothbrush, money. Done!

DoD

Anonymous said...

I know your phones were out. Tried to call. I tried those Sudoku puzzles but got too frustrated. I know you would love them. Good luck with the contest. We'll try to email while we're away. I'm looking for Rhine stones.

Love, Mum

EJ said...

I have tried those puzzles before. They're fun. Did you get the phone message that I left you saying that I got your excellent parcel (right on my birthday)? Hope you get your phone back soon.