Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy real Thanksgiving.

OK, so we're having the tofurkey tonight because we ran out of time last night and also didn't realize that we were missing a bunch of ingredients. Soup and sandwiches instead. Duh. But tonight will be a real feast, with dumplings and everything.

Here's a little animated movie I made with the digital camera. Cameo by Buster at the end.

[It's been deleted in the possibly vain attempt to get the other Castpost stuff on this site working. What the heck's going on?]

Actually, it required some work on the computer too. Once you stop recording the camera starts a new file, so I ended up with a whole lot of half-second movies which I had to later edit together. It was a very frustrating experience, leading me to make a much simpler and probably better version, before I figured out how to edit on the Mac.




Soundtrack: Try humming "Afternoon Tea" by the Kinks.

Last night we went to see Al Tuck play at Gus' Pub, and he put on a really good solo acoustic show. There's some footage from it, but the sound is horrible and you can barely make him out, so forget it. I found out today in trying to upload the animated cups that we have pretty limited space on Castpost, so I had to delete a bunch of older sound files. So get 'em while you can, I guess is the moral of that excruciatingly dull story.

Ali and I will have been together 11 years at the end of this month. Wow. I guess we've pretty much got this awesome relationship thing down, which is definitely something to be thankful for. Here was our conversation on the way home from the store this afternoon:

Alison: We'll have to think about all the things we have to be thankful for tonight.

Andrew: There's a lot of them.

Alison: There sure are. We've got a lot.

Andrew: Yeah. [Starts singing] We've got tonight... Who needs tomorrow....

Alison: Don't sing that! That's about a one night stand!

Andrew: [Just getting into it] Let's make it -- It is? Oh yeah! So it is!

Alison: Are you kidding?

Andrew: No! I guess I always thought he was expressing some kind of Buddhist, live in the moment thing or something.

Alison: You are an idiot.

Andrew: Yup.

Happy Thanksgiving, Gracie.

- Andrew

4 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

I was SO impressed by your animated movie...do some more!!! Love Dana
Oh yeah, and congratulations on 11 years...that's remarkable! (pronounced reemaakabuu)

St. Louis Family said...

Just showed Jack your animated movie - he's home sick from school. He said "that's cool, can you do it with my Star Wars guys?"
Dana

EJ said...

Great videos you guys! It's like seeing you live. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving dinner. Ours was great. Miss you guys tonnes.
Eri.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't see your videos but will try again. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving too. Wow! 11 years! That's great. I remember when we'd been married 11 years. Seems like yesterday.
Love Mum