Monday, October 17, 2005

Hmm... no real theme I can discern here. Suggestions?

Boy, do I ever need a haircut. It's getting to be windy-rainy-Turneresque-sky season and my mane does not look so good in that kind of weather when it gets moppy. I'm a little vain, yes. But luckily I thought to take a picture of how I like it to look so I can show it to Krista and make her job that much easier:


I'm looking for a cheap mp3 player right now so that I can take rhythm parts from songs I've recorded, copy them from the computer onto it, and use it as a robot drummer for Our Igloo. The band that we went to see on Saturday, Hexes and Ohs, did a similar thing with a laptop and I was worried that they would make my idea redundant, but they actually had quite a lot pre-recorded and played a style of music that was quite a bit more "fascistic," for want of a better term, than what I've been imagining. More electronic-based, I guess. I want to keep it pretty scrappy and folky, and not at all become a slave to the recording. So any old player will do, as long as it's not the kind that can only play in "shuffle" mode, as that would be a little bit more anarchic than what I'm planning.

Here's a picture I took of Ali tonight when we went out for a walk. The moon was full and really pretty in the thick clouds, but by the time I could get the camera to work it had gone behind the clouds completely. I didn't want to use the flash and didn't have a tripod or anything, so that's why it's so blurry. I still like it though. The bright lights in the background are the oil refinery. The not as bright lights are the mental hospital. The really dim bulb in the sky is the moon. (The one behind the camera is me.)

- Andrew

1 comment:

EJ said...

Is that a picture of how crazy your hair is, or how you want it to look all the time? If that's how you'd like it to look, might I suggest a perm. It would give your hair the volume you're looking for:) I really like the picture of Ali - it's great!