Thursday, September 15, 2005

Feel better today.

Ha ha! Thanks for the comment, Dane. I guess I assumed she had thrown out those letters long ago, but what disturbed me was that she would so readily admit it. However, in the clear light of a new day I see that the whole episode was really just one in a recent series on the theme of lost connections. Johanna and I had been talking about some people we fell out of touch with, and someone at Charles and Kelly's told a story about running into someone they had known long ago and how they seemed to have completely changed, and what with my guilt (Eri, you'll relate to this) over not working hard enough on the connections that are important to me in the present, I guess I was just prepared to be saddened over the whole idea of People I No Longer Know.

I can see this morning, though, that it's important to be able to let people go, because trying to stay friends with everyone is really just collecting people in the same way that crazy people sometimes collect newspapers. Still, I do need to watch out that I don't close my life off to people I know now. Which is where the blog comes in. Thank you, Blogger! :)

- Andrew

1 comment:

St. Louis Family said...

Eri & I were just talking yesterday about the guilt associated with being too busy with kids to have time for friends...luckily a lot of my friends have kids and therefore understand that when I do talk to them, I'll just pick up where we left off even if it's been months since we talked! It's true that you just have to let go of some people though and it's kind of weird to do, but how could we possibly maintain every relationship we've ever started?!
Dana