Tuesday, March 07, 2006

What Have I Done?

Yesterday, at the coffee shop I visit at least once a day, the guy behind the counter told me he has a solo acoustic show coming up there on Thursday and asked me if I could do an opening set for him. He knows I play music, y'see, although I think that's pretty much the extent of his knowledge about the subject, so it was pretty nice of him to just invite me sound unheard. So I said (gulp) yes! Now I have to come up with enough songs I know how to play and figure out how to play them in a solo vein. I'm actually kind of excited about it; gonna throw some oldies into the mix. And it'll be good practice embarassing myself in front of people for the upcoming Junos.

On the weekend, Ali and I got to catch up with a bunch of people we haven't seen in a long time due to winter hibernation. There was a party on Friday night which was pretty mellow and really nice, and then on Sunday we went for a walk in the park with Charles and Kelly, their two little girls, Lee Anne, and her dog. I feel like I never spend any time with Charles anymore, but I guess we'll be hanging out a fair amount in preparation for the aforementioned J-awards. Alison brought her new digital camera along but couldn't get it working. However, we figured it out back at home and did a quick experimental series. Enjoy.

One more thing: if you ever feel like laughing uncontrollably, ask Alison to do her rendition of this year's Oscar winner for best song, It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp. I swear it's even funnier than the original.

- Andrew

3 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

That kinda sounds like fun! I've already got my calendar marked for April 2nd. - Dana

Anonymous said...

hi Andrew and Allison,
i just found your blogspot again, well actually, Johanna finally emailed me the address again. So you played the coffee shop by yourself? That must of been nervously exciting. Here is some advice for the future shows or the j-awards. If you get too nervous and you think you can't go on - shine a shaft of light on your power animal. that always works for me. My power animal is a zebra, actually i just made that up. i don't have one but am going to start thinking about finding my power animal soon. cool photos allison. hope you are doing well and good luck finding a hot place for the spring. that would really put the spring back in my step i'm telling you. take care guys, danny

Andrew said...

Thanks, Danny. Johanna gave us your email address, but we've been too busy so far to use it. Hopefully tomorrow, with the help of my power animal, I can get enough cleared off my plate that some e-correspondence will happen. A sea sponge is an animal, right?

- Andrew