Saturday, May 05, 2012

Chaotic Forces

I seem to have adopted a cat. At least, temporarily. Her owner is a client of a friend's mother and can't take care of her for awhile, so I'll be looking after her indefinitely. I hadn't planned on getting another cat, but she needed a place to stay, and I could use some company.


Apparently her name is Cuddles, but I refuse to call her that while she stays with me. Haven't decided on a better name yet, though. So far I've just been alternating among generic nicknames like Kitty, Buddy, Monkey, Weirdo, etc. She's a cutie — very playful and a bit of a comedian. I can tell she's going to stir up some trouble around here.

Here's one Alison took on her phone while the cat spied on us from across the room.


And speaking of allowing nature's complexity into our rigidly simplistic human lives, here's a really great talk by the incomparable Alan Watts, recorded for television in 1971. I just finished reading The Wisdom of Insecurity again and discovered this yesterday. Low quality video, but highly recommended.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK I didn't listen to the entire videoas it was over 26 minutes long. However, the cat is very cute. Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing you. I have my final concert tomorrow with my choir.

Mom