Monday, January 09, 2012

We Now Return Our Regularly Scheduled Program, Already in Progress

Feels good to be back into the swing of things. Work is trickling in appropriately, my yoga class started up again last night, and there's generally been a lot less partying. I have still been socializing some, but in a more low-key way. Dinners, brunches, dog-walking, watching full seasons of crappy TV shows, and the occasional rock jam or show. Oh, and I went skating once last week with a few friends... OK, I guess there's still plenty of social life going on.

Not that I didn't enjoy my holidays. My parents came to visit for a few days, and we had a great time wandering around Halifax and eating lots of great meals together with Alison.





There were also plenty of parties and shows to attend, many litres of soy nog to be drunk, and lots of around to be sat with a crossword puzzle or a good book. So I was never bored or anything, but it just all gets a bit... unstructured, after awhile. It's counterintuitive, but I seem to need limits on my time in order to get anything done. A very bourgeois problem to have, I guess. Anyone else feel that way?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I counted today as the beginning of the year as school only went back today. Last week was too much like holidays and there was too much good food left. I am treating my body to a wholesome, yet low fat diet with lots of water and exercise. Hope to shed 3-5 pounds or at least tone up after much overindulgence. We'll see how long I can keep it up! Haven't had a call for school yet- then it's really back to normal.
Mum

St. Louis Family said...

The busier I am, the more I get done!
Dana

Pen & Rix Place said...

Never really get going until the REAL deadline looms. Can't fool myself into fake deadlines.

Like Mum, shedding pounds at the gym. And playing golf. In Toronto!