Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Nature of Desire

Lately I've been feeling like I sort of actually get what J. Krishnamurti's always talking about. I mean, he's always had something valuable for me, philosophically, whenever in my life I've picked up any of his collected writings. But these days it's like I go for a walk and I can totally catch my mind doing exactly what he says it does, like deep in there at a fundamental level, and then the catching itself puts a stop to it and everything is just as it is for a few moments. It's very exciting, which of course sends my mind back into webs of desire and memories and hope and all the rest of it...

This short commentary in particular, which I read on a bus to Dartmouth the other day, really opened up some important spot for me. I don't know whether it'll do the same for you, but I thought I'd share it, just in case. It's from 1958.



My flu is completely gone now, by the way.

No comments: