Sunday, January 01, 2012

Another Green Year

Happy 2012! Hope everyone had a fun New Year's Eve and a regret-free New Year's Day morning. Here's my resolutions for this year. I guess I prefer to think of them more as aspirations to keep in mind, rather than things to be dogmatically resolved about. Anyway, thought I'd share them with you (see #2). Anyone else got any for the record?

1. Listen.
2. Share.
3. Be more committed to the truth than to a pat answer.
4. Be more committed to love than to any particular self-image.
5. Accept what life brings with gratitude, enthusiasm, and even enjoyment.
6. See projects through.
7. Keep up relations with the people I love.
8. Meditate twice a day.
9. Exercise daily.
10. Get enough sleep.
11. Read more fiction.
12. Write more poetry.
13. Play music daily.
14. Don't worry about money.
15. Look for beauty and mystery everywhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your resolutions. Most of them I should follow as well. Be kind to yourself is a good one too. Have to correct your grammar on "Here's my resolutions". Shouldn't it be Here are?


Mum

Andrew said...

Yes, it should, but I was affecting a breezy tone.

Anonymous said...

OK

Alison said...

I want to stretch every morning.