Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Summer Bummer

Oh man, this summer's way too busy. No time to blog or even relax. The latter was the plan this last weekend — I took Friday off so Ali and I could spend four days camping at Five Islands Provincial Park, on the north shore of the Minas Basin. It's gorgeous there! Weird volcanic cliffs and red rocks like some planet from Star Trek.





These photos are all from the web, because Alison only had a chance to take a few Holga shots, which aren't developed yet. The second day we were there it started raining, and then it started REALLY raining. At around 4:00 in the afternoon, sitting in a leaking tent and listening to the thunder, we decided it wasn't worth waiting around to find out whether the next day would be nicer. Packed everything up in about 10 minutes and headed back home.

Of course, the next day was beautiful, as was the one after that. We went for a long bike ride with our friend Johanna and then a very short swim, despite the cold I'd somehow come down with overnight. Two days later, and I'm still pretty much immobile with a lousy flu that makes it hurt to open my eyes. Bleh.

Other than that, the summer's been mostly about work. Even though all my clients keep going on vacation, they still seem to have tons of work they need me to do. Maybe I'll get to take a break at Christmas...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rocks looks like as you described. Gorgeous! I'm sorry to hear you have a flu... Enjoy the lightening if you can open your eyes!

Roni

Pen & Rix Place said...

Good talking with you last night, And. Get better soon. Sorry about your camping trip. Try it again some weekend.

Mum