Monday, April 27, 2009

It's True, We Have a Car Now!


Well, I got the car dropped off to me on Thursday in Halifax. Took it for a little test spin and it seemed great! Friday afternoon I had the registration switched over and got a new license plate. I had to wait about an hour and a half, since every person in the city decided to register their motorcycles and campers on the same day. It was the Friday before what everyone was hoping would be the nicest weekend of the year so far. (Which it was, by the way!)

Andrew was nice enough to take the bus to Halifax after work so I would have company for my first trip home in the car. And I'm so glad he did that, because the drive was actually more nerve-wracking than I had anticipated. It was DARK on that highway, and to be honest I was never much of a highway driver. I did drive for 5 solid years back in the eighties, but even then it was mostly city driving. But we made it home in one piece. And then I had a beer.

On the weekend, we got the summer tires put on, and did a little exploring of the area. We went to Evangeline Beach which is in Grand Pré. Here are some pictures from that part of the day. The camera batteries died after that. Too bad! So beautiful!





The more I drive, the more I feel comfortable with it. But every time I look outside and see the car in the driveway, I think we have visitors!
BIG THANKS to Granny Gwen, Papa, and Rick for helping us make this happen!

-Ali

P.S. Here's a little number that was a hit around the first time I had my license! Seems to apply. Whoa.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, ALi. So glad you have your car. It looks in very good shape. Don't worry about the feeling uncomfortable when you drive. It will get better every time you go out in the car until one day, you won't even think about it. It all becomes very automatic.

Penny

St. Louis Family said...

Yay!! How exciting!
Dana

EJ said...

Congratulations guys! Can't wait to go for a spin in Maine.