Saturday, August 04, 2007

Quick Update

I went with Johanna and her brother Jochim to see Sloan at the Marquee last night. It was the first bar show they'd played in Halifax in about twelve years, and it was a doozy. Got right up at the front, pumped my fist, sang along, and had my eardrums blown out. Then I saw tons of people I hadn't seen in a really long time and hung out backstage until all hours of the morning. A perfect night.

And speaking of all hours and faces from the past, it's quarter to six AM now, and we're about to board a shuttle to PEI, where we'll spend the long weekend with our friend Jennifer and her family. They have a cottage over there, where they're spending the entire summer. We haven't seen Jenny in I don't know how many years, as she lives in Toronto, and we're really looking forward to spending time with her, Tom, and little MacKenzie. I hope I can sleep on the shuttle, because right now I'm running on two hours' sleep.

See you when we get back!

- Andrew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a great time seeing Sloan. Have fun in PEI. Hope the weather co-operates.

Mum