Friday, January 27, 2006

Under the covers, behind the glass...


Ali started this post the other day (which is why the date says Friday even though it's Sunday), but the photo inserting wasn't working, so I'm finishing it for her while she works all day assisting on an Aliant photo shoot, about which I'll let her tell you. I'm pretty sure these were the two shots she was going to put up. Buster's been found completely under the covers of our bed a few times lately, though he'll never come in when we're in it. Weirdo. The mannequin family lives just up the street from us, and always gives us a pretty good chuckle when we walk by. I'm not sure why none of them wears pants.

Here's my first attempt at drawing Stephen Harper while I was watching him on TV. Something's not quite right. I'll have to keep working on it. Is it my imagination or does he wear an awful lot of turtlenecks? Maybe they just keep printing pictures from the same day.

Today and yesterday I got up at five in the morning. The first time was because I woke up from a nightmare that all of our stuff had been stolen, and today was because of something out the back window that sounded like a gunshot. But who would shoot anyone at five o'clock in the morning? Anyway, both days have been mild and sunny, and it's been really nice having so much time to get stuff done. I may even go to the gym today, which is unheard of on a Sunday. I've been stressed out and super cranky all week from bad work vibes, so a relaxed and productive weekend is just what I need.

- Andrew

1 comment:

St. Louis Family said...

That's a good likeness of Stephen Harper...the lips look right.

I like the manequin family - looks very odd, I like the 2D cat the little girl is holding.

J