Monday, January 16, 2006

Hulk Smash! Revisited

Blaaargh! This is really too much! 8:00 in the morning 'til 7:00 at night with no lunch and no review to boot because there wasn't time. One stinkin' new client -- whom I won't name -- is hogging all our time and refusing to be satisfied with our work no matter how ugly and unreadably packed with small type we make it for them. Suffice it to say that they offer a morally sketchy service to psychologically sketchy customers who give them money in exchange for the excitement inherent in the probability that it won't be given back. I was supposed to be working all day on one biweekly project for another client which takes a day and a half every time and is due tomorrow afternoon, and I hardly got to do anything on it because I was constantly doing major revisions to the work I went in for yesterday, which work of course turned out to be a total waste of time. The work was due today as it's to air on television on Wednesday, but I still haven't gotten approval. So now I have to go in early again, which means no gym again, which means Mr. McCrankypants will be sitting at my desk tomorrow.

Plus, on the way home, swaggering along to "Jockey Full of Bourbon" by Tom Waits and therefore feeling pretty cool, my ears are suddenly filled with the sound of a submarine's warning alarm like in the movies when something's gone terribly wrong and the camera shakes from side to side and people hurl themselves around with dazed expressions on their faces, only this one is broken so that instead of going "EINH, EINH, EINH,..." it just goes "EEEEEEIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNHHHHHH!" I try to pause the mp3 player, then I try to skip to the next song, then I try to turn the volume down, and finally I try to turn it off, all to no avail. Removing the batteries worked and it seemed fine after that, but it's a little disconcerting, especially if I'm going to use that thing to play live shows. Not to mention the fact that I pulled a total Kramer in the middle of the street and felt like an idiot.

And to top it all off, I can't get Castpost to work at all. I think maybe they've given me the boot because I keep putting copyrighted material on there or because I've used up more memory than I'm supposed to have, but I haven't gotten an email from them or anything. Strange. So I'll have to just tell you the song I was gushing about yesterday: "Golden Brown" by The Stranglers. Did you guess it? I'm sure Tim did. Not nearly as much fun as actually hearing it; sorry. None of my older sound files are working either. Has anyone heard of some kind of electronic fist software I can shake at the internet gods?

- Mr. McC Z8^(3

1 comment:

St. Louis Family said...

I would have really like to see the Kramer reaction to the noise! Sorry it was such a bad day.
Dana