Thursday, February 14, 2013

HVD II

Coincidentally, my horoscope had this to say today (I don't usually pay much attention to horoscopes, but if their advice seems apt, insofar as it could be good advice for anyone, I will take it into consideration):
This Valentine season, meditate on the relentlessness of your yearning for love. Recognize the fact that your eternal longing will never leave you in peace. Accept that it will forever delight you, torment you, inspire you, and bewilder you — whether you are alone [yes] or in the throes of a complicated relationship [also yes]. Understand that your desire for love will just keep coming and coming and coming, keeping you slightly off-balance and pushing you to constantly revise your ideas about who you are [yup, sounds about right]. Now read this declaration from the poet Rilke [ooh, I love Rilke] and claim it as your own: "My blood is alive with many voices that tell me I am made of longing."
So, I should just love my love of love, instead of problematizing it? Lean into the grasping in order to appreciate it, rather than treating it as an affliction to be overcome? Sounds dangerous but possibly true. I will definitely sit with this for awhile...

No comments: