Sunday, December 28, 2008

What Day Is It?

Christmas in Ontario. Despite the terrible weather, Ali and I each got here (on separate days) because we were both on sketchy little turbo-prop Porter airplanes and therefore not subject to the sociopathic whims of the bloated corporate bully that is Air Canada. We've had three separate Christmas dinners and are now looking somewhat bloated ourselves. There's been plenty of time with parents and siblings and kids, and plenty of late nights doing goofy family hangout stuff. Last night we watched School of Rock. Fourth time for me and I still cried. The night before that was a marathon Wii Rock Band session. I "sang" the Beastie Boys' "Sabotage". Frustrating and fun. Now the days are starting to melt together into one big candy-coated, egg-nog-drenched blur.

Tomorrow we're hoping to leave the suburbs and head back into Toronto to visit with some old friends. Then it's back to Halifax for New Year's Eve (whenever that is) at Gus' with The Memories Attack and The Maynards, both of whom have new albums out. Which reminds me, I'd better get to work on the ol' 2008 Top Ten Albums list. Hmm... could be tricky this year. There doesn't seem to be anything from 2008 on my iPod. Not a good sign.

- Andrew

Cookies courtesy of Alison.

No comments: