Monday, October 20, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Hi, everybody! Here are some pics from when Andrew's parents visited us Thanksgiving weekend. The first three shots are from the Botanical Gardens at Acadia, but the rest are from our hike to Cape Split. I had never been there before and didn't really know what to expect.

The trail was 16 kms round trip! I think I stopped taking pictures on the last 4 kms. By that time, I felt like my feet had turned into wooden blocks on the ends of rubber bands! See if you can spot two photos where we have basically become part of the landscape.

Later that evening, we went to the Blomidon Inn for a special dinner. I had the best salmon ever and then slept like a log. Ahhh. It was truly a lovely day!































-Ali

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no one has commented on these beautiful pictures? I wish we were there right now. It is snowing out here and rather cold.

Mum

Anonymous said...

Wow, it IS a forest! And these are beautiful photos!!

It was nice hanging out with you guys at lunch today. I love how we've been keeping in touch successfully so far. Let's keep tryin'.

Roni

St. Louis Family said...

Sorry, I've looked a couple of times but not commented...the photos are gorgeous. I always feel Thanksgiving weekend should include a walk in the woods! Glad you got to!
Dana

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the other side of my shots. And you guys making waving shadows!

What a grand time. A beautiful day well captured.

Hugs & pats all around,

DoD

Alison said...

haha, you found us!