Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm a terrible businessman too...

... Can I become treasury secretary of some country and take 700,000,000,000 dollars from the public to save the world economy from my terrible debt? It can be any country, really... Somewhere warm would be nice.

We went to see the brilliant and engaging anti-corporatist journalist and author Naomi Klein tonight, speaking about her most recent book, The Shock Doctrine, which just came out in paperback. I haven't finished reading it because the first chapter was so shocking and horrifying that I had to put it down for awhile, but she was brilliant and engaging, in an anti-corporatist way. So anyway, now I just wanted to remind everyone to get rid of this guy however they can [see post from January 27, 2006]. Even Elizabeth May today expressed a similar sentiment. Me, I'm considering voting Liberal. Any game grits out there with a Green hopeful in their riding?

- Andrew

No comments: