Sunday, August 10, 2008

Yes, it is an island, and yes, they are all beautiful.

Can't remember whether I already mentioned this, but we've been in Montreal for the past week, on vacation. It's been really great: we got a bunch of new clothes, ate lots of nice food, saw the grandparents, checked out the sights, visited with some old Montreal friends, and attended a spectacular Radiohead outdoor concert, complete with fireworks. And all this was in the company of our good friends from Halifax, Krista and Meg, who came with us. There was a LOT of walking around involved, and now I'm looking forward to getting back home, where I can hop on my trusty bicycle whenever I want to go somewhere. Of course, there's no fancy underground train network. Or bagel shops. Or decent record stores, men's clothing, or music venues...

Anyway, we've been staying at my old friend Stu's condo this whole time, while he's away in Chicago indefinitely, working at some fancy software-making job that I probably couldn't explain even if I knew what it was. The condo's a really nice place in a pleasant neighbourhood with a farmer's market nearby and not too far from downtown. Couldn't have worked out better, so thanks a million, Stu. And that hole in the living room wall was there before we got here, right?

Our taxi's coming to take us to the airport in half an hour. I'll post some pictures of our trip when we get home. Then we gotta start packing all our crap into boxes and finding a place to live. Yoiks!

- Andrew

1 comment:

Speedbag said...

Sounds like you had a sweet time in Montreal! Also, for the record, I totally agree that there are no decent bagel shops or clothing stores here in Hali'.