Monday, July 23, 2007

A Tale of Two Cities

I know, I know, I haven't blogged for a long time, and there's probably lots of stuff I should be telling you, but I've taken so long in choosing and fixing up these vacation pictures that I have to dump them on here and hit the sack. All you really need to know for now is that we were in Maine for a week at a cottage with my family and got to visit with my grandparents in Montreal on the way back. As you can probably tell from the photos, everyone had a really great time.













The other bit of news is that the day before we arrived home, someone was murdered in broad daylight on the corner two doors down from our house. At four o'clock in the afternoon, a man was shot by one of the two people with whom he was walking, and they quickly fled the scene. I guess the whole place was covered in police tape and crawling with investigators all night long, and was only cleaned up half an hour before we got back. There are still yellow circles all over the sidewalk where the police marked any little thing that could possibly be a piece of evidence. It was quite shocking, as this block is very yuppie/family-oriented, though I suppose things do get pretty sketchy pretty fast in either direction. The whole neighbourhood is palpably upset.

Buster, meanwhile, is doing fine and very happy that we're home. Thanks, Sherry, for taking care of the little scaredy-cat.

- Andrew

2 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

YIKES! That's really scary about the shooting!
LOVE the pictures!
Dana

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful pictures. I loved the one of the 4 kids watching (TV?) I hope I can get some version of them to make an album. I heard about a murder in Halifax but had no idea it was so near you. Not a pleasant thought.
Thanks again for the gift and the flowers which arrived yesterday. What a surprise!

Mum