Thursday, April 26, 2007

Good Times, and Plenty of 'em

Hi, everyone. I feel bad that I'm blogging so little these days, but as usual there's so much happening that I don't have time to tell you about it. Right now I'm at work, on the last five minutes of my lunch hour, having just gotten back from a walk around the waterfront with Alison. There's a giant French battleship in the harbour that I guess has been called the "Swiss Army Knife of battleships," as it can be used for almost any purpose (hospital, aircraft carrier, destroyer). We could only see one end of it, but it was appropriately impressive.

The weather here has gotten all sunny and springlike. I had to buy a pair of sunglasses today. Why are they all so huge right now? Is it part of the ongoing 80s revivalism? When will that finally be over? Anyway, there's been barbecues, biking, and frisbee lately, in between yoga classes, band practices, and shows. Tonight all three of the latter and tomorrow night two out of three. I.e., time is hard to come by. The bikability definitely helps somewhat.

And eating up every minute that might be left over has been my ongoing recording of a cover version of the Inbreds song Whitecaps. I'm doing it for this guy in Ontario who's really into the 90s Halifax music scene and is starting up a record label. His first CD will be an Inbreds tribute album. This is a great song and my version should be pretty interesting when it's done, though I may have bitten off a bit more than can be chewed in five-minute intervals. If I had the original here, I'd post it for you to listen to, but you probably know how to find it anyway...

Gotta git back to work now. I hope I'll talk to you again soon. Enjoy whatever sunshine there happens to be in your particular corner of the world.

- Andrew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't the nice sunny weather just make everything a little more bareable? I seem to be able to get much more done.
Bennett broke my sunglasses (that were probably only $10 but that I loved!) so I'm on the hunt for a new pair too.
Eri.