Sunday, April 08, 2007

4 More Things

After rambling on about shopping yeterday, I remembered some other news I forgot to tell you:

1. We've been watching the BBC/Discovery Channel series The Blue Planet, all about the ecosystems of the oceans, on DVD. Man, is it ever gorgeous and fascinating! Check it out if you ever have a bunch of time or feel like making a bunch of time to devote to it; it's eight 50-minute episodes. The last episode we watched was all about the deep sea, only about 1% of which has actually been explored. You wouldn't believe the fantastic and creepy creatures living down where no sunlight ever penetrates. Like this one. Blah!

2. I've been recording some with local pianist/singer/songwriter, Erin Costelo. We did a couple of tracks at her place and some stuff at the Echo Chamber. Her songs are fantastic and it's been a lot of fun. I can't wait to hear the finished product.

3. I was asked the other day to join a really great local band called The Got to Get Got, so I guess I'll be playing electric piano with them now. It's Mark Mullane's latest ensemble, and I know a bunch of the other people in the band. Catchy songs played with gusto by a wild and energetic eight-piece, or now nine-piece, I guess. Two drummers. Two or three guitars. Cello and violin. They have a lot of fun on stage and don't practise very much. Sounds pretty perfect.

4. Finally, the slow-blooming but enticingly colourful musical collaboration with Charles has a name: Sea Takes Castle. We decided Poifectly Poiple was just too high-brow. We're getting together tomorrow night to rehearse and trade new ideas. I have some lyrics, melodies, and bass lines to bring to the table. This bird, to mix metaphors, will eventually fly.

Oh yeah, and happy Easter, I suppose.

- Andrew

No comments: