Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sickos!

Ali and I both seem to have come down with some kind of cold or flu. It's pretty bad, and has been keeping us home from work. Blah. Some people who've had it say it lasts 3 weeks! Others are saying it could be strep throat or mono. Jeez, man, I hope not.

Not much has happened since the last post. We got to see Jeff for a few hours. That was a good time. I'll put some pictures up next post. He told me about this MySpace-for-books site, to which I'm now completely addicted. I bought The God Delusion and ate it up in a couple of days. It's a highly entertaining and persuasive read, but don't pick it up unless you're prepared to start proudly wearing an "Atheist" badge around town.

New Year's Eve was a bit non-existent as we were in the initial stages of this illness. We did visit Krista and some of her friends upstairs for awhile, though. Then on New Year's Day we went to see Almodovar's latest, Volver with Johanna and Meg. Not so great, really. The story was pretty boring, and relied heavily on Penelope Cruz's bosom to maintain interest.

Now it's back to work and the usual routine, which is actually kind of nice. Or will be, once we actually go into work. And now, back to bed for the twentieth time today.

- Andrew [cough, cough]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you guys are sick. I know you said, Andrew, you thought you were gettting something when you left our place.
We had a pretty quiet New Year's Eve too. Dad made it to 9:30, Poppa to 11 and I forced myself to stay up and call Dana only no one answered!! Finally got her 5 minutes later in the midst of their roudy party.
Take care of yourselves. I'd send turkey soup but you wouldn't eat it anyway.

Love, Mum