Wednesday, December 27, 2006

One Week Later...

Christmas has come and gone now, and Alison and I are preparing to leave the unabashedly selfish hedonism and never-ending, hideous expansion of Toronto behind in favour of the ignorant reverse snobbery of doing-everything-it-can-to-be-every-bit-as-hideous-despite-geographic-constraint li'l Halifax. We've had a really nice time visiting with our families and are now completely wiped out. Heavier, too. My dad's out of the hospital and toodling around the house like nothing happened. My sisters' families are sweet and fun and everything great. We had a nice long walk in the Markham Ravine, a hilarious games night, and many awesome meals, culminating in a full family delayed Christmas dinner last night (i.e., Thursday, today being Friday, Dec. 29, even though the date at the top of the post says otherwise). I even got to read A Visit from Saint Nicholas to the St. Louis kids on real Christmas Eve.






Alison spent (actual) Christmas night at her friend Alicia's family's house in Waterloo, as has become a tradition. Alicia's daughter, Meghan, has gotten really grown up, but not too grown up for a Baby Alive doll that makes digital farting noises and says, "Uh oh! I made a stinky!" Or so I'm told; unfortunately I didn't get to experience that first-hand.



I also read enough of my dad's brand new copy of Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion to know that I now have to buy it, even though I'm pretty sure of the ending (Dawkins wins by a forfeit). Tonight we're at Alison's parents's downtown watching some dumb tube before we meet our good friend Jeff tomorrow for lunch and then hop on a plane. And now, apparently, Saddam Hussein has been executed. So happy new year, everybody!

- Andrew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. We all had a grand time seeing you here too. Your pictures are great!

The joy of the season was having everyone here together. We are now looking forward to doing it again in Maine this summer.

And it is your move.

Hugs all around,
DoD