Sunday, October 01, 2006

Title Not Applicable

I don't know why but there seems to be nothing for me to tell you about lately. I must be in some kind of transitional period. Just the usual reading, listening to music, work complaints, yoga classes, etc. Sorry to be so boring. We did see a pretty great movie last night called Friends with Money and then I spent today trying to fix up the harpsichord. I got all the A's, B's, D's, E's, and G's in tune. Hey, can anyone fill in the blank on this song lyric for me? It's driving me crazy. "Frolicking, frolicking, over the hill. Oh, what a _______ for Betty and Bill." Remember Bill came to our house? I'm pretty sure it's not "nightmare".

Alison has plenty of stuff going on (lucky!). The class she's teaching starts on Wednesday, so she's been writing handouts and making lesson plans, and a few days ago she went to Cape Breton to assist on a Canadian Living photo shoot for three days! Sounds like it was a pretty swanky place they stayed at and were served lots of rich, gourmet food.

We played some tennis with Johanna last night and will hopefully get a couple more games in before the weather gets too cold, which it's starting to do quickly. And that is seriously it. But we're alive and happy.

If you have some time to kill and are in the mood to see George W. Bush publicly lambasted, I recommend this very funny and gutsy monologue that Steven Colbert was somehow given the chance to deliver. It could be quite old by now, but it was new to me.

Next episode: Plot!

- Andrew

4 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

I've been trying so hard to remember the lyrics to that song and I just got it!
It's: Galloping, galloping over the hill; oh what a frolick for Betty and Bill. Remember Bill came to our house.

- Dana

Anonymous said...

"Remember Bill came to our house" was never part of the song. It was what Andrew said every time he played the piece which is in the John Thompson beginner piano book. Hannah will be learning it soon!
Mum

St. Louis Family said...

I know it wasn't part of the song, it only felt like it was because Andrew couldn't play the song without me saying, "Remember Bill came to our house" at the end. Who was Bill anyway and why was I so fascinated by him? I know he was a friend of Dad's.

Dana

Andrew said...

Galloping! Of course. How stupid.

I had to resign myself to the fact that "Remember Bill came to our house" IS a real part of the song, otherwise I would still be starting over at the beginning today.

- Andrew