Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Good Times Are Coming

The usual Wednesday lunchtime production meeting was postponed this week, which meant Meg and I got to treat ourselves to the Wednesday chirashi lunch special at Dharma Sushi. Yum — chirashi. If you don't know what it is, as I didn't until I ate it the first time, it's a big bowl of seasoned sticky rice with lots of different kinds of sashimi (the slabs of raw fish with nothing else) sitting on top, along with some ginger and wasabi. It's a pretty nice treat, let me tell you.

Ali and I did some more tanning after work and we're actually getting some colour! I fell asleep in the tanning bed and dreamed I was in a spaceship. When the timer ran out and the lights went off, I woke up with a start and didn't know at first why I was in a highly constrictive pod in my underwear. Yikes!

By the way, here's a sample of that Congotronics 2 stuff I was telling you about. It's a pretty intensely happy sound.



I remembered something else I was going to warn you about. Don't go to see The Benchwarmers. It really stinks. Pee-yew. I laughed at it somewhat, but I really was laughing AT it, if you know what I mean. Serious stinkbomb. Smell-o-rama. An olfactory assault. Gas masks required. The only good reason for seeing it is if you're having flatulence problems and don't want to be discovered.

Neither would I recommend Caché, a postmodern cerebral French film in which I fell asleep. As the title suggests there are hidden layers to the film, and you're pretty much forced as a viewer to look for them because there's really nothing going on on the surface. Unfortunately when you discover the not very sub subtext it's every bit as boring as the rest of the film. I was woken up momentarily by one incredibly violent scene out of nowhere, but soon drifted off again as the camera lingered motionless on its aftermath for an eternity. This is a motif that repeats throughout the movie, if absolute silence can be called a motif. Oh yeah, did I mention it's a thriller?

Two more days until Cuba; I still can't believe it. I can picture myself lying on the beach only in a third person, visual way. I can't imagine what it will feel like to be that person. I started loading up the mp3 player tonight, but something weird happened where it thinks its full even though there's still plenty of memory left. Too bad — I had the ultimate mix of classic good time tunes and obscure gems planned.

Last night's yoga class was the most intense we've ever had, and I'm kind of still recovering from it, so I'm off to rest my elongated muscles now. Probably won't blog again before we leave, so love and kisses to everyone, we'll take lots of pictures, and who knows, maybe there'll even be internet access in a hotel lobby somewhere...

Buenos noches.

- Andrew

4 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

Have a great trip guys!! You will have a fantastic time, try the cigars...

Jason

EJ said...

Love and kisses from us too. Have a fantastic time.

Eri and Mike.

Andrew said...

Don't smoke anymore, Satan, but thanks for the well wishes.

Catch you guys on the flip side.

- Andrew

St. Louis Family said...

Oh man, I forgot how soon you're going...tomorrow I think. Have fun!
Love, Dana