Thursday, March 06, 2014

Happy Birthdays, Kids

Well, it's that time of year when my sister's three kids all have birthdays within two days of each other. I know, it's crazy. But they are all awesome kids and I love them so much. So I've made them each a music mix of songs that came out in the year they were born.

I've tried to include stuff that's relevant to the kind of pop they like to listen to now, as well as stuff I liked that I think they might like, based on the little I know about what they're listening to. Some years are easier to do this for than others. 2001, for instance, was a real rock wasteland beyond the oasis of Amnesiac. Sorry, Jack.

Anyway, click on each mix's artwork to download the songs.


Steal My Sunshine - Len
Genie in a Bottle - Christina Aguilera
Caught Out There - Kelis
Race for the Prize - The Flaming Lips
Believe - Cher
Windowlicker - Aphex Twin
Beau Mot Plage - Isolée
If You Had My Love - Jennifer Lopez
Bills Bills Bills - Destiny's Child
...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys
The Book of Love - The Magnetic Fields
Cold Blooded Old Times - Smog
Via Chicago - Wilco
No Scrubs - TLC
Mambo No. 5 - Lou Bega
I Still Believe - Mariah-Carey
Echo's Answer - Broadcast
Angel - Sarah McLachlan


Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground - The White Stripes
The Modern Age - The Strokes
Stroke of Genius - Freelance Hellraiser
Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz
Squares - The Beta Band
Stan - Eminem
Ms. Jackson - Outkast
Can't Get You Out of My Head - Kylie Minogue
The Step - !!!
Digital Love - Daft Punk
Strangelight - Fugazi
Scarlette - Unwound
Chasing Heather Crazy - Guided by Voices
Biomusicology - Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
New Slang - The Shins
I'm Waking Up to Us - Belle & Sebastian
Joy - Circulatory System
Pyramid Song - Radiohead
Beautiful Day - U2


Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Slow Hands - Interpol
Hey Ya! - Outkast
Yeah (Crass Version) - LCD Soundsystem
Galang - M.I.A.
Milk Shake - Kelis
Naughty Girl - Beyoncé
It's My Life - No Doubt
I Believe In You (Mylo Vocal Mix) - Kylie Minogue
Everything Is Everything - Phoenix
The Rat - The Walkmen
Float On - Modest Mouse
Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) - Arcade Fire
Move Ya Body (Clean) - Nina Sky Ft. Jabba
You Don't Know My Name (Reggae Mix) - Alicia Keys
Heartbeat - Annie
Yeah! - Usher featuring Lil Jon & Ludacris
Dry Your Eyes - The Streets

2 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

You are such a great uncle! Thank you! Jack is on day 6 sick in bed and will really appreciate some new music on his new iPhone! Crappy way to spend his birthday but this gift will really cheer him up!

Andrew said...

Aw, poor Jack-o. Hope he feels better soon. You're welcome!