Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Maybe I'll Write a Blog Post or Whatever

Can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. And also that I forgot to wish my good friend Carol a happy birthday on the 14th. Where has my head been?

I guess I'm just not feeling it these days. You know, the whole do-something-valuable-with-your-time-'cause-life-is-short-and-death-is-long thing. Lately I'm just putting in my hours at work to be able to come home and distract myself for a couple more hours till it's time to go to sleep. It all seems so pointless and exhausting. Winter blahs, I suppose.


There's definitely nothing situationally wrong. Apartment's great, friends are great, music's fun, job is or at least should be rewarding. Writing first thing in the morning is rewarding when I actually do it. Girls is back on weekly, and there's a third season of Borgen. I've got money, health, records, and snacks. Why does all that only make me feel worse about feeling bad?

Amber had some minor surgery on Monday, about which I'd been worrying quite a lot, so that's at least something potentially negative. But it went as well as it possibly could. They stuck a tube with a balloon on it into her leg's major artery, then blew up the balloon to make more space for blood to get through. Now her leg is warmer and more alive-feeling than it's been in almost two years. It's kind of a miracle.

So maybe I'm just bored or something. How's that for a first-world problem? Somebody throw some tragedy my way, so I can enjoy the adrenaline boost. Guess I'll get to bed early and see if the morning brings some fresh motivation.

Happy birthday, Carol.

No comments: