Thursday, December 05, 2013

Nice Quiet Day

Sick in bed today. I stayed home from work with a sore throat and headache. Hoping to sleep off whatever's trying to get me, although I ended up having basically as much work to do from home as I would've had if I'd gone in. But it was sunny out and pleasant to look out the window from my hospice.

Anyway, not feeling very talkative. Or typative. But here are a couple of (I think) beautiful Chinese prints that were posted on 50watts today. They're both woodcuts by an artist named Li Qun. The first is from 1957, and the second from 1980. Now I'm starting to look forward to the first snow on the trees, when they get that pretty, three-dimensional, highlit effect as if they're being illuminated from the side by blinding white light.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the top one. Hope you feel better soon.
love Mum