Sunday, November 03, 2013

Happy Birthday, Erika

I've just spent the weekend visiting my family in Ontario. It was a surprise visit for my sister Erika's 40th birthday. Her husband, Mike, flew me up. Thanks, Mike, for such a nice present. I felt like it was my birthday too.

Got to see everyone, including my grandmother, in what was a bit of a whirlwind but also just a really fun couple of days. There was a large gathering of family and friends at a pub last night and a family-only dinner tonight at a local restaurant. Here are some Instagram pictures of weekend moments. Mike looks super tired in the last one because he was. Poor guy deserves a long rest after so much planning, spending, and herding.

 




Now I'm hanging out in the Air Canada "Maple Leaf Lounge" at the Toronto airport, waiting for my flight back to Halifax. It's very nice — free coffee, food, and booze, with comfortable seating and WiFi. Best of all, there are no loud announcements every 30 seconds about planes boarding. This place is meant for the hoity toity special folks who spend a lot of money for all the first-class features, but I got in here with a guest pass, again courtesy of Mike. A million thanks, buddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post and pictures, And. Hope your day at work was OK after you late night ( early morning)arrival.

Mum