Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Season Opener

It's that time of year again, when a young man's fancy turns to thoughts of softball. If I happen to see any young men, I'll ask them what they thought of our two games against the Eye Levelers (from the Eye Level art gallery) on Sunday, both of which we won handily. But not as handily as I'd expected. We were looking rusty, which I had expected, and they were looking focused and aggressive, which I had not. There were a lot of five-run innings on both sides in both games, so the scores were very high. Maybe that's why I looked so tired by the time it was over. I hadn't eaten anything for 10 hours, so that might also have been a contributing factor. But then we went over to Krista and Jesse's for some barbecued tofu and gourmet salads and I was pretty much in heaven.




These photos weren't taken with a Holga or cross-processed, by the way. I just made them look that way in Photoshop for something fun to do. Stole the idea from this tutorial. Pretty neat, eh?

5 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

How can you be a man in your 40's? You look in your 20's!! Is it the exercise? Your diet? The sea air? I want your secret!

Andrew said...

Ha ha. Thanks. But if you're somehow implying that I look younger than you, you're crazy!

I don't drink, don't eat animals, meditate and exercise every day, get enough sleep, make sure I have plenty of free time and creative outlets, walk or bike everywhere, maintain a relatively stress-free lifestyle, take nothing seriously, don't have any kids, and am in a committed relationship with someone I love spending time with, if any of those things can be considered "secrets". The time machine in my closet factors in there too.

EJ said...

Wow! Now I know why I have so much gray hair. I think my life is the exact opposite of all of those things (except for the committed relationship). I'll probably look 60 by the time I'm 40.

Alison said...

I think it's the sea air. :P

Pen & Rix Place said...

Agreed. Sea air.