Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shop Talk

I just remembered today that I never did show you the other bit of branding I did, for my friends Jen and Aidan's gluten-free baked goods. Here's the front of their business card. The URL on the card redirects to their current website, as the new brand doesn't launch until early next month. If you were wondering.


Vistaprint produced a whole whack of these, along with fridge magnets, for a really good price, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the product. Usually digitally printed business cards are kind of flimsy and crap, but these are virtually indistinguishable from offset printed ones, which would have been multiple times more expensive.

Besides that, there's been plenty of business coming through the old shop these days, with no end in sight so far. Right now there's a couple of posters, a government educational kit for schoolkids, and a whole new look for a classical concert series's marketing in the works, among other things. Today, though, I forced myself to get outside for awhile because it was absolutely gorgeous out. You know that first day that actually feels like spring, and everyone goes around smiling and congratulating each other on getting through the winter, willfully ignoring the fact that there will probably be at least two more rounds of snow before the weather turns dependably like this? That was today.

I met a guy at a party a couple of weekends ago who does silkscreening really cheap just because he likes doing it, so I'm also working on some T-shirt designs now in my spare time. Just for fun. I'll be sure to run them by you when they're done.

Oh yeah, and happy St. Patrick's Day to all my Irish and/or alcoholic friends!

No comments: