Sunday, February 07, 2010

Good Enough for Now

OK, it's debugged and up for all the world to see, thanks to a very nice free site that shows you what any web page will look like in different versions of Internet Explorer. Don't know what I would have done without that. I was about to install Windows on my Mac and reboot every time I wanted to check my work. Would have been an absolute nightmare.

So take a look, if you wouldn't mind: www.focusdesign.ca. Bookmark it, and you'll even get a nice little icon beside it in your favourites.

If you're on Internet Explorer 6 or lower, I think there will still be some weirdness — light-coloured boxes behind images and some frames that don't sit exactly the way they're supposed to. But I'll tackle that later. Three different versions of the same website for different browsers is close enough for jazz, at least for tonight. Again, please let me know if you notice anything really untoward. Like not being able to view the work samples, which is only the entire point of the site in the first place... Ai yi.

UPDATE: Now available for IE 6! Anything lower, I think I'm gonna have to say screw it. You've gotta draw the line somewhere. I could easily spend the rest of my life pushing pixels around.

3 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

Wow, And! Looks GREAT!
Who took those great yoga photos and didn't ask for a photo credit?!

Andrew said...

Thanks, Dana. The photos were taken by the instructor herself, and were not great at all. I had to do a LOT of work on them to get them looking OK.

In my experience, photographers don't usually get credited on advertising materials, unless their name adds some kind of cachet or they've worked out a deal where that represents some or all of their payment. Same as designers.

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing, And! Good luck. Hope it helps you find tons of clients.

Mum