Sunday, February 03, 2008

Some Random News

Ali and I are going to Montreal in a couple of weeks for my grandfather's 93rd birthday. We'll take the train up, stay for a week, and take it back again. We're in a compartment with beds and a bathroom, which I've never had before and am quite psyched about. Just like The Darjeeling Limited. It'll also give us a chance to catch up with my old friend and roommate, Stu, with whom I haven't been in touch for over a year.

Last week I had a performance review at my job. I guess I was dreading it a little bit, but they didn't really have anything bad to say and I got a raise.

On Saturday night we went to a Brazilian festival called Carnaval. The Zumbini Circus played, same band we danced to on New Year's Eve, and they were just as good this time. There were also a few different demonstrations of capoeira, an Afro-Brazillian martial art/dance/social game. Kind of like highly acrobatic and fluid break-dancing, but with machetes and sticks sometimes. Very cool. Alison took some pictures, but they all just look like red faceless people on fire. It was pretty dark in there.

Check out the HBO comedy series Flight of the Conchords, about a fictional two-piece band from New Zealand trying to make it in New York. It's now rentable on DVD. There are twelve episodes, but I defy you to stretch it out over more than two days of watching.

Finally, Ali's got a bit of news about her photography that's really exciting, but I think I should let her tell you about it.

- Andrew

1 comment:

St. Louis Family said...

Anxiously waiting for Ali's news...
Dana