Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It's true, I have exciting news!


Hey all!

My big news is that I finally showed my boss James some of my work and he was very impressed. He strongly believes I should become a fine art photographer, and he's interested in investing in me! I'm not exactly sure what this means, but he did say he could provide start-up money for gear, printing, and other things. I think he's going to help me figure out how to become a successful working artist.

James never knew this was my dream to begin with since I never showed him any of my stuff or really talked about it either. I think we took each other by surprise! Anyway, I'm still kind of reeling from his reaction.

So now I'm working on putting together a book and also an art show — I have quite a collection of images that I need to sort through and organize! Wish me luck! Any advice would be welcome and appreciated. xo

-Ali

5 comments:

reminiscethis said...

Ali, That's awesome!!! Have your opening this summer and we'll come over to toast your success! Jen

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic Ali! Yeah for you. Keep us updated on the news.
Eri.

Anonymous said...

Ali, how wonderful. Can't wait to hear all about it when we are in MOntreal.

Back from the land of sunshine and palm trees, sigh!

Penny and Rick

Pen & Rix Place said...

Ali, that is fantastic news. Let us know if we can help. I would love to see some of your "art" work. I have seen some.

See y'al in Montreal.

DoD

Anonymous said...

Hey Alison,

I've been thinking a lot about this since you told me. It's soooo fantastic. The photo posted here is really beautiful.

I checked your blog, cuz I'm already missing you guys! Hope your Grandpa is feeling better.

Have fun.
Meggggggg