Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Projects and Pains

So, I got Ian over here tonight to learn an acoustic-guitar-as-faux-banjo part to accompany my Wurlitzer electric piano version of "Journey of the Sorcerer," the Eagles song that was used as the theme to The Hitchhiker's Guide. It was a pretty painless lesson; he's a quick study. We'll perform it tomorrow night in honour of International Towel Day, opening for Certain Nude Men. I have no idea what they sound like, buy I'm intrigued by the name. I figure while I'm there I might as well whip out an acoustic version of "Robots of Me" since it sort of fits in with the loose theme.

Yoga class was a killer last night. We worked intensely on the four different warrior positions, which all demand a lot of leg and hip strength. I kept waking up all night long wondering if I was in the hospital because my legs hurt so much. Also, the cats fighting and/or making feline love in our backyard at 4:00 didn't help. If the martian sound hadn't woken us up, Buster using our bodies as springboards to look fascinatedly out the window surely would have. The upshot is that this afternoon I had a hard time keeping my eyes open while I typeset a menu. We took a nap before dinner and when the alarm went off I couldn't even figure out what existence was, let alone who or where I was. Now, of course, it's past our bedtime and neither one of us is tired.

This morning I had to decline an offer to go on tour for two weeks with Buck 65. Boooo! It would have been with Rich and one other guy who's a great musician and a hell of a guy, playing probably a few different instruments at mostly jazz festivals around North America. I'm really bummed that I can't do it, but I just took a vacation at work and things are really heating up there. Plus, it's the last two weeks of June, when Ali and I are going to be in the last throes of moving. Totally impossible, but it sure would have been a fun time. Rats.

No comments: