Sunday, January 03, 2016

2015 Top Ten

Time for my annual blog post! There was a lot of great music released last year, in contrast to 2014. No problem coming up with 10 albums I absolutely love, and I've had to include a lot of honourable mentions. Really I should just call this a top 17, as any of these records could, on any given day, take top place in my ever-shifting preferences.

Today, however, the list goes:

Beach House - Thank Your Lucky Stars

Shye Ben Tzer, Jonny Greenwood and the Rajasthan Express - Junun

John Carpenter - Lost Themes

Deerhoof - Fever 121614

Deerhunter - Fading Frontier

Moonsocket - Eurydice

Nap Eyes - Whine of the Mystic

Joanna Newsom - Divers

Sexwitch - Sexwitch


Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell

Honourable Mentions:
Beach House - Depression Cherry
Björk - Vulnicura
Dungen - Allas Sak
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress
Grimes - Art Angels
Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete
Vulva Culture - In Vain

No comments: