Sunday, April 27, 2014

Whistle While You Work for the Weekend

I have a questionable habit of relating everything that happens in my life to some song lyric or other. Got it from my mom. Sometimes it's funny to realize that what I'm going around whistling or singing loudly is a narration of exactly what I'm doing. Other times I realize to my horror and embarrassment that I'm broadcasting an opinion that should really be kept to myself. But mostly it's just annoying as heck, for me and everybody else.

However, this weekend I ended up with some pretty great ear worms entertaining me while I took care of a few otherwise tedious chores. Maybe they'll help you if you have some tedium of your own.

First I gathered my laundry together and threw it in the wash. That didn't take much time, but long enough to think about laundromats and sing a few rounds of this.



Next, I had to run some errands around town on my bike. I could've gone forever with this tune stuck in my head.



When I got home, I finally got around to doing my income tax. I wasn't too happy in the end when it cost me $1,800 (keep up the good work, Stephen Harper!), but the phrase "tax deduction" kept this one egging me on for the full two hours it took.



Then it was time to clean the bathroom. I thought the tub and toilet would wear out my positivity for sure, but luckily there was some pink mould in the shower stall that needed taking care of. That of course brought the lovely Nick Drake to mind, who serenaded me well into the evening.



Hope your weekend's as productive and musical!

No comments: