Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Granite & Ivory

So here are those photos of Prospect I promised you. I guess the waves I mentioned are not really in evidence. But there's plenty of rocks. And I think the mood of the whole place is captured quite nicely — eery, austere, and beautiful. I know you Facebookers have seen these already, but there are still a few of us around who don't swing that way.












And the other news around here is that we got a piano! Our friends Alain and Carolyn decided they would rather have the space in their living room that the piano was occupying than the piano itself, as Carolyn has taken up the harp instead, and so they GAVE it to us! It was fairly expensive to move, and now the living room isn't going to look right until we get all new furniture, but so what? We have a piano! Alison's planning on taking some lessons, and I've got some Chopin and some Scott Joplin I'm going to learn. Plus, it's really fun to just noodle around on. (Our poor landlords downstairs...) Expect some new songs out of here this winter.


Oh yeah, and one more thing: I don't want to alarm anyone, but there's already egg nog available at the Superstore. That's at least two weeks earlier than last year, which was already bloggably premature. Season's greetings!

3 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

Beautiful pictures...I haven't swung by facebook in a LONG time. Beautiful piano too!! Congratulations!

EJ said...

Amazing pictures! I hadn't seen them on facebook yet... well, except for the piano one. How fantastic to have a piano in the house. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Love the beautiful fall colours in the pictures. Glad you have a piano. I must get playing ours. It's a waste having it just sit there. Wonder what I can still remember.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Mum