Monday, March 16, 2009

Greatthanksandyouokseeya!

Keeping this short because there's not much to tell and things are busy around here. My mom's in Halifax visiting her friend Linda, so we went into the city on Friday night and got some visiting time in with her over the weekend. On Sunday we all, Linda included, went to see The Reader. I say don't bother, but my mom and Linda both really liked it.

We also got to see a lot of friends we don't see too much. There were some very pleasant meals and a movie watched on DVD. Synecdoche, New York. It's pretty crazy. Even for Charlie Kaufman. It gets so insane and yet so monotonous in the second half that I'm not even sure you could call it enjoyable anymore. But I'm glad I saw it because I can't stop thinking about it. Just make sure you've had a couple of coffees before you rent it, and you'll be all right.

The Lodge have been working on some new songs. Six of them, in fact. About time, too. We'll be playing a show at good ol' Gus' on the 27th, and then sometime in April we'll have to have a CD release show. The album is all done and we've received CDs of it. They look and sound great, if I may say so myself. But I don't even have to, because this guy gave it such a fantastic review I'm almost embarrassed to show it to you. Almost. I'm not sure how or when we'll be selling the discs. Scott Grimbleby, owner of Gooseberry Records, gave us a deal where he makes the CDs and gives us half to sell however we want. But meanwhile, he's releasing the record online on March 24th, and physically in stores on April 21st, so I guess we have to figure out how we can sell our copies without competing unfairly. Maybe just at shows for awhile.

Gotta go now. Told ya.

- Andrew

4 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

What a really GREAT review! Congratulations!
Dana

Anonymous said...

Awesome review. If I hadn't already desperately wanted a copy of The Lodge's CD. I would definitely want a copy now. I can't wait. I know Andrew you know. Heehee. Yay.
Joan

Pen & Rix Place said...

Kove the review and the sample tracks.
Where's my CD? How do I get one?

DoD

EJ said...

Great review! I can't wait to hear the music.