Saturday, November 22, 2008

Goin' to See Neil

Tomorrow night! Wilco's opening. Gonna be quite a show. Neil's one of my big heroes. Lately this is one of my favourites. Apparently it's about his car. What a lovable kook.

This version's from the Unplugged album. I prefer the white noise of Crazy Horse, but it's still a great song. The original's from American Stars 'n Bars, a highly underrated album. Worth the price just for a lesson in song sequencing. And "Will to Love" is guaranteed to floor you. Couldn't find it for free internet play, though. Bah. Just take my word for it and spend the 99 cents or whatever.

- Andrew

3 comments:

EJ said...

Lucky you guys! I love Neil Young. Have a great time. Where's he playing?

St. Louis Family said...

Lucky! He's here next weekend and my neighbour wanted me to go with her...I would have LOVED to if the tickets weren't $150.00 EACH!! He's a hero of mine too.
Dana

Alison said...

The show was at the Metro Centre and was truly amazing! What a generous performance! We had such a great time!