Sunday, May 25, 2008

Feeding the Interbeast

Hi, blog. Sorry I've been neglecting you. I have been legitimately busy, though, with real life stuff. Not that real life is more important than the documenting thereof. I would never suggest that. But you know what I mean, blog. Right? Geez, don't be so sensitive.

First of all, here's a photo from the previously mentioned The Lodge show, which proves that I was actually there as a participant. On the video all you can see of me is my right hand, but I'm the one going DUNNNNN-DUNN-DUNN DUGGA-DUNNNN DUGGA-DUGGA-DUNN.


The Lodge is currently recording. Drums are all done. It's going to sound pretty great.

Some other photo news is that Alison (with some help from me and our friend Chris) put together a portfolio of her photography this weekend, in order to apply for membership at a cooperative photo gallery in town. It looks really, REALLY good, and I can't see any reason why they wouldn't invite her right in and ask her to please put together a solo show. It's quite exciting to see so many great photos she's taken all together in one spot, and very nicely displayed.

Other, less high quality photo news is that I finally got those pinhole photos we took weeks ago scanned and fixed them up a little bit. Most of the stuff was unfortunately either completely overexposed or not exposed at all. I'm thinking some people's film was not turning properly on the spool when wound. But a few of my shots turned out OK, especially the ones I took at Johanna's choir's performance in a church. Here are the best:




We went to see Bob Dylan on Wednesday with Johanna, and also Krista. I have to say it kind of stunk. To be fair, his singing was better and less predictable than the one other time I saw him (i.e. he didn't sing every song using the exact same two-note interval relentlessly). But the band backing him up was incredibly bland: buncha session guys doing their best impression of the Blues Brothers, circa Jim Belushi. And Bob himself was playing this cheesy Casio organ thing that I believe he stole from a roller rink. It felt like we were on some kind of seniors' cruise most of the time. Apparently lots of people loved it, though, because we found ourselves forced into a standing ovation at the end.

Finally, I'm happy to report that I'm over the withdrawal from caffeine and feeling pretty fine, thank you very much. It took about a week. My energy level seems to be more consistent over the course of an average day now, less manic. And getting out of bed is easier when the alarm goes off. Today I pitched the first two games of the softball season, and I didn't fall asleep once. We still lost, though.

OK, blog? Are we pals again? You know I have other friends I have to see from time to time, but you'll always be my favouritest.

- Andrew

1 comment:

St. Louis Family said...

Wow, thanks for all the news! I'd love to see Ali's portfolio sometime. That pinhole camera stuff looks pretty interesting, are you going to do more? Looks like we both decided on the same evening that our blogs needed updating!
Dana