Sunday, April 20, 2008

Peaks and Troughs

The show last week went really well. Really well. We were all kind of nervous and somewhat stiff, but hardly any actual mistakes were made and lots of people seemed to really enjoy it. The photos are less than spectacular, but at least they're proof that it actually happened.



Here's a poster I've made for our next show. See if you can figure out the meaning behind the somewhat abstract design.


I think I kind of crashed after the weekend of rock last week. I've been getting up late a lot this week, and generally being sort of lazy and eating food that's not very good for me. As a result I've been somewhat cranky and non-accepting of my work situation, which of course only makes me crankier. Good thing Alison is very understanding and patient. But now a few good nights' sleep, a rash of beautiful spring weather, and an intense yoga class seem to have gotten me back on course.

Yesterday was especially gorgeous. Literally everyone and his dog was walking up and down the streets with a smile on his face and a song in his heart. Many were in premature but forgivable shorts (which I thought looked kind of ridiculous on the dogs but wasn't about to tell people how to dress their pets). We got all inspired and cleaned the garbage out of the sun room. Then I washed and tuned up my bike in the back yard while Alison raked and weeded around me. Runs like a dream now!

Today there was a softball practice, as predicted. Tim couldn't make it, and in fact hardly anyone from BPY showed up, but there were plenty of guys from the Propeller team there and we got some good batting and fielding in. It was not exactly warm, so I can't blame people for not wanting to come out. But judging from the four of us who made it, I'd say we're looking pretty good.

- Andrew

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it a beaver lodge? How come your name isn't on the poster anywhere?

Mum

Andrew said...

You got it! Nice one. Our name is on the poster. We're The Lodge.

- Andrew

Unknown said...

I'm wondering if you could post some recordings of The Lodge, cause judging by the talent involved, it looks like you're my favorite band EVER and I'd like to have the audio to go with the visual.

Unknown said...

Also, glad to hear that the poster image is a beaver lodge, 'cause I was thinking cancerous snowflake. This is not to say that the poster isn't awesome...I love the poster-just a little stressed out by the quiz:) Jen

PS Is there any way I could be in your band? For Real.

Pen & Rix Place said...

Love the picture of y'all playing deep in the woods. Must have been a very long extension to plug in those amps.

You look great! And maybe even having fun. Post the music, please.

DoD