Monday, August 07, 2006

Natal Day Weekend

I hope everyone had as nice a long weekend as we did. Pool (billiards), tennis, biking, fireworks, working on the yard, putting a screen in the sun room, enjoying the yard through the open window with Buster, barbecues, discovering a whole season of Curb Your Enthusiasm that we'd never seen, and then today... a parade! Happy birthday, Halifax! Ali took lots of pix and I recorded some sound. I wanted to put them together into a slideshow for you, but it's too complicated. You'll just have to imagine it. And in case you can't make it out, Alison laughs and says, "The mayor ran by and threw candies at me." It's true — piles of them. I'm eating one right now.

- Andrew






A disappointing "most original" float. Just some vegetables randomly thrown around, really.











I've seen these old ladies dressed in purple and red every now and then, and never knew what was going on. I guess I still don't really understand. But these ones are from Lake Echo!



I wish I'd recorded the horrible sound this balloon made as it was dragged along for about two minutes before it finally busted.




Amnesty International's entry. Death, Disappearance, and Torture. Maybe a bit of a downer for a parade? I'm just saying...


Seems kind of mean to make your kids wave out the window of a car celebrating nerds.

The Blue Velvet re-enactment club.


5 comments:

EJ said...

Fun stuff. I like having audio of you guys. Nice to hear the bagpipes too. "Torture" is smiling just a little too much I think.

Eri.

Pen & Rix Place said...

Fun pictures -- but what is the deer looking out from?? And why the deer?

Did we know any of the Lake Echo "girls"?

DoD

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Natal Day. How fun! The girl twirling the silver hoop thing looks as if she could be one of Jen Creese's kids. I think they're in PEI though. Love those bagpipes. Reminds me of the tattoo.
Mum

St. Louis Family said...

Too funny with the Amnesty guys...! Did everyone get quiet as they passed by?

Jason

Andrew said...

Kind of, yeah! Ha ha. And sort of looked around, waiting for the next float.

- Andrew