Sunday, June 04, 2006

Our New Igloo

We took a bucket of games and videos over to our awesome new place today, along with some assorted knick-knacks. All our books are now moved in. It's kind of fun doing one little trip at a time, because you can unpack at the other end immediately. As requested, here are some photos of the apartment. I'll give you a guided tour.


This is the hallway that the front door leads into, looking back at the door. I think we're going to paint it.



The first room off the hallway, to the left, is this large front room with a non-working fireplace. We're going to use it as the den. That wall colour has to go.



The second room off the hall, accessible also from the first room as you can see, is the living room. There's all our books!



The living room leads into the kitchen, and also to a small set of stairs which go up to the bedroom, the only room on a second level. More painting that definitely has to be done.



The kitchen's pretty nice, with a big fridge, gas cooking stove, and wood stove which also will give some extra heat to the bedroom in the winter. Then, beyond the kitchen, we have the pièce de résistance...



This is a little sunroom that looks out onto our beautiful backyard, complete with trees and gardens. The big window opens right up and hangs from a hook on the ceiling. Obviously, we will paint over this hideous purple. We'll also have to learn how to do some gardening so we don't wreck our little Eden back there. That's Ralph, by the way, Krista and Keith's cat. Buster hasn't seen the place yet.

I'm not sure why, but the place looks smaller in almost all the photos than it feels. We were using Keith's digital camera and you seem to have to stand farther away with that than with our camera, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Now we're going to try to pick out some paint colours online. I don't know how much I trust that concept, but I guess there will be paint chips to double check in the store. Alison's going to try to pick up the paint tomorrow so we can get this show on the road.

- Andrew

3 comments:

St. Louis Family said...

Looks great! Congratulations! Do you have to mow the back lawn too? When will you be all moved in? I love the built in bookcase!
Dana

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing And, can't wait to see it for real. I have lots of gardening experience if you need any tips. I can't believe you have a gas stove. All the best chefs use gas for cooking. Wow! I'll bet you're excited.
Talk to you soon.
love, Mum

EJ said...

The place looks super guys. I'm so happy for you. I agree with Dana that the built-in bookcases are great. Built-in anything is good by me. I'd like to have a my bed built into the wall. Can't wait to see it live.